Sea camp in Formentera
Sea Camp in Formentera: marine biology and diving
From 15 to 18
From 5 to 10 July
From 08:30 to 20:00
Students will enjoy a trip on the schooner the Cervantes Saavedra through the waters of Formentera. They will learn aspects of marine biology, learn to tie sailing knots, handle sails and rigging and read nautical charts. All this in an environment where they will develop social skills and leadership.
They will also have the opportunity at additional cost (see prices) to obtain the official diving qualification with the prestigious marine biologist Manuel San Félix.
Sailing camp timetable:
08:30 – 09:30: Start of the day and breakfast.
10:00 – 11:30: Theoretical – practical lessons for the diving course.
12:00 – 13:30: Theoretical – practical lessons for the diving course.
13:30 – 14:30: Lunch.
14:30 – 16:30: Free time.
16:30 – 18:00: Map reading, navigation and marine biology workshops.
18:00 – 19:00: Water sports.
19:00 – 20:00: Dinner.
Outings and facilities
The camp takes place on the schooner the Cervantes Saavedra.
SEK staff and diving instructors from the Vellmari Diving Centre in Formentera.
Alberto Domínguez – email@example.com
Sea Camp in Formentera with diving: 1892 €
Sea Camp in Formentera without diving: 1405 €
5% discount for enrollment before 15 June – SEK and non-SEK students.
7.5% discount for SEK students and SEK alumni
Additional to the Cervantes Saavedra course:
- The brigantine-schooner the Cervantes Saavedra boasts a 48.5 meter long iron hull, 8 meter beam, 7 meter prop and three masts with mixed rigging.
- The yacht has 20 cabins, galley, kitchen and infirmary, in addition to the bridge.
- It is also fitted with an auxiliary engine. It has a crew of eleven and capacity for 35 passengers.
- Comfortable clothing.
- Swimming costume, flip-flops and towel.
- Warm clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and aqua shoes for water sports.
- Deck shoes.
The Sea camp in Formentera course requires a pre-enrolment process prior to formalising registration.
We are at your disposal to answer any questions that may arise at firstname.lastname@example.org