Science, Art and Nature
English learning summer camp in Ireland
Students born from 2006 to 2009
Spanish / English
From 2 July to 16 July 2021
30 hours project work, depending on the day, in 3 daily periods plus mountaineering and cultural activities of interest, either in afternoons or for full day.
International experience in the region of the French Haute-Savoie, in St. Nicolas la Chapelle, including mountain and snow sports, studying and using the French language in different contexts and boarding with peers from other locations and/or nationalities.
The aim is to use all of the children’s experiences for them to reflect on the emotional, social and language skills they acquire over the course of the camp.
- Paint ball
- Visit to Chamonix to l’Aiguille du Midi + hiking
- Tree Adventure Park
- Gorge walking
- Water skiing
- Water games
- Visit to the Parc Animalier de Merlet safari park
- Via Ferrata
- Ice skating
- Cultural visits:
- Medieval city of Conflans
In addition, there will be an excursion to the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN). Thus, students will have the opportunity to visit the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world.
- Teachers specialising in high-achieving students and science.
- PE teachers
- Educators from SEK- Les Alpes.
- Instructors for specific mountain activities.
Lula Martínez Pérez – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Does not include air ticket
- 10% discount for payments made before 28 January – SEK and non-SEK students.
- 5% discount for payments made before 30 April – SEK and non-SEK students.
- 7.5% discount for SEK students and SEK alumni
- Sports footwear: outdoors trainers and mountain shoes (must have good grip).
- Swimming costume.
- Towel (for swimming and shower)
- Short and long trousers.
- Day backpack.
- Outerwear: sweater or sweatshirt.
- High socks.
- Personal toiletry bag.
- Sunscreen: body + facial.
All items must be labelled with the student’s name.
Full-board and lodging at SEK-Les Alpes international boarding residence, in Val D’Arly in the French Savoy.
Special meals prepared in the school’s own kitchen are offered if necessary.
SEK-Les Alpes summer courses require a pre-enrolment process prior to formalising enrolment.