Summer camp for learning science in a fun way
Ages 6 to 12
Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 16.00
Extended timetable (optional)
From 8.00 to 9.00 and 16.00 to 17.00
From 29 June to 31 July
Booking by week
Alongside real Escuelab researchers, children will discover everything about the scientific method, learning to design your own experiments. With fun workshops and exciting challenges, they will learn science in a fun way, learning skills such as critical thinking and teamwork.
The objective is to associate science with positive experiences and consolidate knowledge in an interactive and fun way. Foster fundamental 21st century skills such as creativity, critical thinking and accompany the development of self-motivation, self-esteem, in addition to improving teamwork, cooperation and sociability.
Weeks 1 and 3:
- The scientific method: children learn and apply the steps used in the scientific method, as well as the concepts of experimental design and inclusion of controls, with experiments to find out which substances make eggs bounce.
- Physics everywhere! They will learn about energy and forces while building ingenious objects to experiment with parachutes.
- Little engineers: children become engineers for a day, learning about forces, gravity or speed, while solving fun challenges in which they learn to control their frustration in the face of difficulties.
- Field notebook: In addition to enjoying different games and sports in the Vicálvaro sports centre, they will visit its forest park, where they will discover everything related to animals and rocks.
Weeks 2 and 4:
- The scientific method: children learn and apply the steps used in the scientific method, as well as the concepts of experimental design and inclusion of controls, with experiments such as as creating invisible ink.
- Wonders of biology: children will learn about the characteristics of the oceans and perform simulations to understand how fossils are formed.
- Surprising chemistry: children explore properties such as the acidic or basic nature of substances, as well as chemical energy, while having fun and developing their creativity while making, for example, a model volcano that erupts.
- Field notebook: in addition to enjoying different games and sports in the Vicálvaro sports centre, they will visit its forest park, where they will discover everything related to forest and plant ecosystems.
- Activities take place on SEK-Santa Isabel school grounds
- Activities at the Vicálvaro sports centre: Tuesday and Thursday mornings, where they can explore the surrounding nature park and enjoy the summer pool.
- Outings: Royal Botanical Garden and other museums related to science.
- Camping: one night camping.
All of our instructors have higher education science qualifications and research experience, as well as extensive experience in the design and development of non-formal education, as well as leisure and free time, activities.
Cristina Balbás – email@example.com
|5 weeks with half board||929,00 €|
|4 weeks with half board||778,00 €|
|3 weeks with half board||626,00 €|
|2 weeks with half board||467,00 €|
|1 week with half board||278,00 €|
|5 weeks without half board||822,00 €|
|4 weeks without half board||688,00 €|
|3 weeks without half board||554,00 €|
|2 weeks without half board||413,00 €|
|1 week without half board||246,00 €|
5% discount for payments made before 31 May – SEK and non-SEK students.
7.5% discount for SEK students and SEK alumni.
- EscueLab will provide students with the necessary materials for workshops.
- Each student must bring swimming kit (swimsuit, cap, goggles, flip flops and towel), as well as personal hygiene items. Students should also bring a packed-lunch for break.
- We recommend that children wear comfortable clothes and shoes, which they do not mind getting dirty.
No transport available.
- Half board with lunch available. Special meals are offered if necessary.
- Meals are supervised by teachers.
- The school provides a picnic for outings